Well, no baby yet! We are still a few days away from Emily’s due date, so there is no surprise that she hasn’t made her grand arrival yet.
- HOW FAR ALONG? 39 weeks and 3 days!
- DUE DATE? September 19th… only 4 days away!!! Will she actually come on time?
- SIZE?: Between 7-8lbs!
- WEIGHT GAIN? I am settled around 165.5 this week. Emily’s weight gain is slowing down as we near her eviction from my womb!
- NAME? Emily Ruth Whiteley ❤
- HOW AM I FEELING?: Frustrated, honestly. Even though we are 4 days out from her due date, and she could still come at any day, I am frustrated that I am not as dilated or far along as I thought I would be. This being my first pregnancy and me being a literal poster-woman for pregnancy, I understand why it is taking my body longer than I expected. Aside from feeling frustrated, I have a TON of energy which has been awesome for my nesting!! “Nesting, or the nesting instinct, is a burst of energy women often get in the last few weeks of pregnancy that inspires them to clean and organize the house in preparation for baby’s arrival.”
- CRAVINGS?: Today my cravings have been through the roof. Feeling emotional after my appointment led me to buy the following items from the grocery store: pumpkin pie, pumpkin donuts, cookie dough, biscuits, goldfish, homemade pizza, Oreos… you get the point.
- AVERSIONS?: This week it has been apples, peanut butter, and hot dogs. My normal diet has been flipped upside down!
- PHYSICAL CHANGES?: A bigger belly and more stretch marks! I have learned through this pregnancy to appreciate this body of mine. I have also developed an upset tummy this week which has found me in the bathroom more than I wanted to be.
- BABY MOVEMENT?: Seriously, girl, stop moving so much! She actually kept me up last Friday from moving so much. Her music keeps her going, and she moves and grooves when it’s meal time.
- BELLY BUTTON?: Flat flat flat- except when she curls up. Then you can grab it. It’s gross, lol!
- MOST EXCITED ABOUT?: Meeting our daughter. It has been a longgggg 9 months. BUT there is an end in sight!
- LEAST EXCITED ABOUT?: The possibility of induction or c-section. I was planning on a natural birth in the hospital, but with the slow rate my body is preparing for her birth, we are leaning more towards the other options. I know that all ways of birth are BIRTH. There is no right or wrong way to bring your child into the world, as long as they come out healthy.
- PRENATAL VITAMINS?: I am taking One A Day Women’s Prenatal Advanced Multivitamin with Brain Support. They’re great! There is a separate vitamin for Folic Acid, an important Vitamin B that promotes cell development and growth. You can find these on Amazon here!
- SKINCARE?: I have naturally veryyyy oily skin. For the first 6 months of pregnancy, my skin cleared up of any oils and acne. It was amazing! Once I hit the third trimester, my skin decided to revolt. My pores became clogged again, my skin was slick, and I didn’t know how to combat it. My sister turned me onto these products:
- Youth to the People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser. This cleanser from Sephora is a GAME CHANGER! 1. It smells heavenly. 2. The formula of the cleanser makes my skin soft and leaves off the oils for hours. My skin already feels cleaner after using it for only a few weeks. I use it in the morning and pair it with…
- CeraVé Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This moisturizer brings back color and life into my skin. It’s not heavy and absorbs right into your pores for a healthy glow.
- At night, I use CeraVé Hydrating Facial Cleanser. This cleanser helps get all of the first and grime from throughout the day off of my face. It’s the perfect cleanser for the evening as it assists in taking off makeup, AND it’s fragrance free!
4 DAYS out from her due date! I can’t believe it! Regardless of when she comes (tomorrow, this weekend, or in 2 weeks from now), she will be perfect!